We Are a Green Builder
We often get asked what sets us apart from others. The answer is simple: We are a true custom builder who specializes in Green building.
We not only customize the home, but we also customize the processes and the systems to our clients needs. As Green builders we offer the benefits of our tried and true, cost-effective building systems.
We bring our expertise to every project.
We certify all Arlington projects under the Arlington County Green Home Choice program. Within that program we customize it to the needs and the priorities of our clients: cost effectiveness and savings; comfort and health. We have different solutions for all of our client’s needs on a case by case basis.
Arlington Designer Homes is committed to green, energy efficient home building for the:
- Health benefits
- Cost savings
- Reduced environmental footprint for our buyers and our community.
We build energy-efficient, ENERGY STAR® certified homes, and are honored to have completed more Arlington County Green Home Choice Program Award-Winning homes than any other builder. Further, we have completed multiple Falls Church City Green Home Award-Winning homes. Arlington Designer Homes also received the first ever Gold-level Green Building Certifications in Arlington and in Falls Church from the National Standard for Green Building. And we have worked diligently with owners to develop plans for Net Zero Homes.
Environmental benefits of green building include:
- Increased energy efficiency and a reduction in harmful emissions
- Decreased runoff that can cause erosion, flooding and water pollution
- Reduction in the large amount of solid waste generated by standard home construction practices
Green Options & Features
- ENERGY STAR® Homes
- Advanced Insulation System
- Low/No VOC Paints and Adhesives
- Central Vacuum System
- Solar Hot Water Heater
- Geothermal Heating and Air Conditioning System
- Pre-Finished Siding
- Eco-Friendly Driveways
- Green Practices During Home Construction
- Radon Abatement System