February has just begun, but it’s not too early to start dreaming of spring and summer home projects. In fact, now is the time to start planning these projects to make your home dreams a reality this year.
The warmer weather months aren’t just for cooking out and swimming – they are also the perfect time to spruce up your home. Try one of these projects to get started:
- Power wash walkways. Give your sidewalks and home exterior a deep clean, but be sure to follow the sprayer’s instructions to prevent damage.
- Stain decks and fences. Protect your wood outside from the elements, and give wood surfaces a facelift.
- Replace siding. Since outdoor work is best during the warmer months, choose to tackle this project during the summer.
- Add a ceiling fan. Simple and inexpensive, ceiling fans offer energy-efficient cooling in your home or on a porch.
- Drain the water heater. Clean sediment away for more efficient hot water.
- Remodel the kitchen. Summer is a great time for easy meals, so take on this huge project before the busy holidays are here.
- Design an outdoor kitchen. Better yet, take the cooking outside with a kitchen on the patio or deck.
- Complete inspections. Take care of those electrical and plumbing issues you’ve been putting off.
- Fix cracked concrete. Correct cracks and buckling in your walkways and driveway.
- Purchase new windows. New windows can cut your energy costs in both summer and winter.
If you need assistance with warmer weather home repairs and updates, please reach out to schedule a consultation – we can’t wait to work with you!